The Diversion Board of Authority unanimously voted to distribute a Request for Proposals (RFP) to four companies interested in building the Diversion Channel portion of the FM Area Diversion Project.
The RFP document includes a specific outline of services a contractor would be required to complete as part of the Public-Private Partnership (P3) agreement. The four companies that received the RFP previously submitted their qualifications to the Diversion Board and were short listed last month. Responses to the RFP must be submitted to the Board in the Fall of 2017.
“This is a huge milestone for the project,” Diversion Board Chair Darrel Vanyo said. “We have a long way to go on the project, but this is one of the first steps we need to get started with construction.”
The four firms that will receive the RFP include:
- Lake Agassiz Partners (Meridiam/Walsh/AECOM)
- Red River Valley Partners (Fluor/Plenary/Ames/Barnard)
- Red River Valley Alliance (Acciona/InfraRed/North American Enterprises/Shikun&Binui)
- Red River Partners (Graham/Parsons/Alberici/BBGI)
The Southern Embankment portion of the FM Area Diversion Project is being constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A construction contract was awarded in November for the inlet structure that serves as the entrance to the Diversion Channel. A groundbreaking is being planned for the spring of 2017.
- MDNR News Release: DNR requests comments on scope of supplemental EIS for revised Fargo-Moorhead flood diversion project — May 22, 2018
- Diversion Authority Requests Court Approval to Continue Flood Protection Efforts in Fargo and Oxbow, No Objection from Minnesota DNR — April 20, 2018
- General from Army Corps visits Fargo to learn about the FM Area Diversion Project, meets with Gov. Burgum — June 16, 2017 https://fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/34339195194_13724e00cc_o_Smaller-1024×479.jpg
- Diversion Authority Reviews Updated Costs; Project Costs Including Plan B Expected to be $2.75 Billion — December 3, 2018 https://www.fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018_1203_FinancialEstiamte_Board_Page_2-231×300.jpg