The Flood Diversion Board of Authority received Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from six respondents to its Request for Qualifications (RFQ) released to design, build, finance, operate, and maintain the Public-Private Partnership (P3) portion of the FM Area Diversion Project.
“The number of responses from the industry shows there is great interest in the project.” Darrell Vanyo, Chair of the Flood Diversion Board of Authority said. “This also helps ensure that we will have a competitive procurement process with a healthy competition of good ideas and responsible costs.”
The names of the respondents are:
- Red River Partners
- Red River Alliance
- Red River Valley Partners
- Red River Valley Alliance
- Red River Infrastructure Solutions
- Lake Agassiz Partners
The RFQ was approved and released by the Diversion Board of Authority in July following the signing of the Project Partnership Agreement with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Last September, a Notice of Intent was issued by the Diversion Board of Authority, officially announcing how the Project would be constructed. The Project will utilize a split delivery approach. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will use traditional design-bid-build methods for construction of the Southern Embankment and the Diversion Authority will use a P3 approach for the Diversion Channel. The Diversion Authority hosted a well-attended Industry Day for firms interested in the P3 portion.
The SOQs are being reviewed by technical teams and the results will be tabulated. Once the tabulations are completed, the results will be provided to the Diversion Board of Authority. A short list of several qualifying firms will be created and a Request for Proposals (RFP) will be issued to those firms.
- General from Army Corps visits Fargo to learn about the FM Area Diversion Project, meets with Gov. Burgum — June 16, 2017 https://fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/34339195194_13724e00cc_o_Smaller-1024×479.jpg
- North Dakota legislature and Governor sign off on $66.5 Million for FM Area Diversion Project — April 26, 2017
- Conditional Letter of Map Revision issued by FEMA for FM Area Diversion Project — August 31, 2017 https://fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017_0516_CLOMR_OnePager-827×1024.jpg
- U.S. Army Corps includes $20M for FM Area Diversion Project in its FY2017 Work Plan — May 25, 2017