The Flood Diversion Board of Authority received Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from six respondents to its Request for Qualifications (RFQ) released to design, build, finance, operate, and maintain the Public-Private Partnership (P3) portion of the FM Area Diversion Project.
“The number of responses from the industry shows there is great interest in the project.” Darrell Vanyo, Chair of the Flood Diversion Board of Authority said. “This also helps ensure that we will have a competitive procurement process with a healthy competition of good ideas and responsible costs.”
The names of the respondents are:
- Red River Partners
- Red River Alliance
- Red River Valley Partners
- Red River Valley Alliance
- Red River Infrastructure Solutions
- Lake Agassiz Partners
The RFQ was approved and released by the Diversion Board of Authority in July following the signing of the Project Partnership Agreement with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Last September, a Notice of Intent was issued by the Diversion Board of Authority, officially announcing how the Project would be constructed. The Project will utilize a split delivery approach. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will use traditional design-bid-build methods for construction of the Southern Embankment and the Diversion Authority will use a P3 approach for the Diversion Channel. The Diversion Authority hosted a well-attended Industry Day for firms interested in the P3 portion.
The SOQs are being reviewed by technical teams and the results will be tabulated. Once the tabulations are completed, the results will be provided to the Diversion Board of Authority. A short list of several qualifying firms will be created and a Request for Proposals (RFP) will be issued to those firms.
- Conditional Letter of Map Revision issued by FEMA for FM Area Diversion Project — August 31, 2017 https://fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017_0516_CLOMR_OnePager-827×1024.jpg
- Hoeven: Signing of PPA at $750 Million, New P3 Account in Budget Advance Red River Flood Protection, Implementation of Plan B — March 25, 2019
- Diversion Leaders update new State Water Commissioners in Bismarck — August 24, 2017 https://fmdiversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/image3-300×161.jpg
- District Court Modifies Injunction Allowing All Requested Construction to Proceed — April 8, 2019